Saturday 2 February 2013

ASM Theory Lesson 1 (Props List)

One task we had to complete as one part of the ASM Role for the Wedding Singer, this task was making a props list for the show, this list would then be forwarded to the Director so that he can select which and what props he would like to actually be used in the show.

To create the Props list we had to read through and look through the entire script, reading the stage directions picking out props that are mentioned. I used Microsoft Excel on windows because it is a spreadsheet software so it allowed me to create the list really easily. I had 5 main headers and a 6 section of smaller headers.
  1. Prop - Here I put the name of the prop that I found within the script and listed it here.
  2. Page - I placed the page number to help me with finding the prop again in the future if I needed to look at the scene.
  3. Scene - Again so it made it easier in the future for me to find it I listed the Scene, also this will help with prop logistics on the show.
  4. Character - This is for production week mainly, because it will help with logistics on the show and helping us get the right prop to the right character also the fact I know the scene that prop is in helps us even more.
  5. Description/Details - We added this header so that when it came to either making, finding or buying the prop we had a vague description on what it should look like/be.

The 6th Section was made up of 6 mini sections:
Make,
Find,
Buy,
Borrow,
Hire,
Done,
These mini sections were created to be like a checklist to help with keeping track of what progress we had made in terms of props. When we made the props list we would tick off what we would do to get the certain prop be it Make it, see if one of us or a member of the cast had one and borrow it for the show, buy from charity shops or ebay. we did this purely to give a ruff guide to how we should go about sorting the Props out.
When it came down to getting the props down, Hannah took the lead role in sourcing and sorting out the props for the show, we all helped in certain ways but Hannah was the leader in making sure we had everything on the night.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I don't suppose you still have a copy of this props list file? If so, any chance you'd be willing to share/email it?
    Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a copy as well if you have one.

      Delete
  2. Does anyone have a copy of this spreadsheet and be willing to share?

    ReplyDelete